Contest Sponsors: NASA Amateur Radio clubs
Contest Period: This year long special event is conducted from Dec 11 2017 through Dec 27 2018.
Eligibility: Open to all licensed amateur radio operators.
Modes of operation:
- Phone (SSB | FM | Digital Voice )
- DIGITAL ( FT8, PSK31, JT65, RTTY, MSK144, SSTV, JT9, most likely )
- Space (satellite, meteor scatter, moonbounce)
- 160M -> 70CM, most likely
Exchange / Logged information:
- Call (RST and grid optional)
- ISS will be active during this time. ISS does not keep a log so this will be on the Honor System.
- To obtain credit for an ISS contact, you will need to affirm it by filling in a form at the website. Go to the nota.ka0s.net and look for the “ISS Contact/Activity Self-Certification” item. This link will take you directly there https://nota.ka0s.net/iss_cert.php
- Modes on ISS:
- SSTV image reception
- Voice (unlikely)
- Only one contact will be counted.
- CW: 3.557, 7.045, 14.045, 21.045, 28.045, 50.045, 144.045
- SSB: 1.895, 3.821, 7.230, 14.271, 50.131, 144.141, 432.141
- FM: 52.525, 146.55, 146.58, 223.40, 446.000
- Digital: (ARRL Band Plan)
- 1 point per simplex contact on a specified band and mode.
- i) Only 1 point per band, mode, station combinations.
- Repeater net contacts: Repeater operations acceptable but only when club station is soliciting contacts for that purpose.
- Echolink, DMR and DSTAR could be cross band contacts.. Will be logged as the band the NASA Station is operating as.
- Use the ‘SCORES‘ tab above to view your current progress and print out a certificate at the end of the event.
- No log submittals need. All logging handled by NASA stations.