Contest Sponsors: NASA Amateur Radio clubs
Contest Period: This year long special event is conducted from Dec 11 2017 through Dec 27 2018.
Eligibility: Open to all licensed amateur radio operators.
Modes of operation:
- Phone (SSB | FM | Digital Voice )
- DIGITAL ( FT8, PSK31, JT65, RTTY, MSK144, SSTV, JT9, most likely )
- Space (satellite, meteor scatter, moonbounce)
- 160M -> 70CM, most likely
Exchange / Logged information:
- Call (RST and grid optional)
- ISS will be active during this time. ISS does not keep a log so this will be on the Honor System.
- To obtain credit for an ISS contact, you will need to affirm it by checking a box at the website prior to printing your certificate at the end of the event in December 2018. We currently have no way to track ISS “contacts” in the NOTA scoring system.
- Modes on ISS:
- SSTV image reception
- Voice (unlikely)
- Only one contact will be counted.
- CW: 3.557, 7.045, 14.045, 21.045, 28.045, 50.045, 144.045
- SSB: 1.895, 3.821, 7.230, 14.271, 50.131, 144.141, 432.141
- FM: 52.525, 146.55, 146.58, 223.40, 446.000
- Digital: (ARRL Band Plan)
- 1 point per simplex contact on a specified band and mode.
- i) Only 1 point per band, mode, station combinations.
- Repeater net contacts: Repeater operations acceptable but only when club station is soliciting contacts for that purpose.
- Echolink, DMR and DSTAR could be cross band contacts.. Will be logged as the band the NASA Station is operating as.
- Use the ‘SCORES‘ tab above to view your current progress and print out a certificate at the end of the event.
- No log submittals need. All logging handled by NASA stations.